Thursday, October 29, 2009

burning life : vessels dream by bryn oh

The seduction of Bryn Oh's art is compelling. No matter what I see, there is a wariness on the part of the viewer. An unsettling of the emotions...

bryn oh : vessels dream
I have a few pieces over on WETLands; the umbrella, the man (father/grandfather) with the small boy. Both are meticulous, but give me a feeling that something unknown is there.

vessels dream at burning life

The Vessel's Dream at Burning Life evokes the same emotions. I see elements of the Rabbicorn there, too. There is a sense of dread... creepiness of the vignettes he has created. But, there is also a profound love between the characters he has developed.

rafee at bryn ohs vessels dr...

bryn ohs vessels oh at burni...

I purposely do not read artist's interpretations of their work. Why? Because, I want to experience it for myself. I may interpret wrongly, but I want to be with the piece first.

burning life art by bryn oh

burning life art "vessels drea...
Bryn Oh has a story to tell... and I so enjoy watching it unfold. Before the end of this week, go explore Vessel's Dream for yourself on the playa of Burning Life.

rafee at wetlands with bryn oh...

No comments:

Post a Comment